Hitting a baseball might be the most difficult thing to do in all sports.
Everyone has their theories about the proper way to accomplish this feat. Everyone has their keys to a proper swing.
So let me add one more to the list. This simple key somehow always triggered my brain and made sense to me; so here it goes.
PIVOT YOUR BACK LEG!
- Your back foot should turn directly toward the pitcher.
- The weight should be on the balls of your feet.
- Your back knee should be pointed directly toward the ground.
- Your back leg should somewhat look like a slanted L.
How does this help?
- By simply pivoting your back leg and turning your foot, you are putting your hands in a perfect position to hit.
- By pivoting hard with your back leg, you are not allowing your front side to drift forward.
- Your head is remaining still.
- Your hips are clearing and you are using your legs in the swing.
By pivoting your back leg and foot – everything else will follow.
Until Next Time,